Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I join the Village?
Joining the Village is easy! You can complete the application form here on the website or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
2. Who can join the Village?
There are three main criteria to become a member of the Village. Individuals must be:
- Aged 50 or older
- Living in Central San Diego (Based on zip codes)
- Willing to be part of a community, including participation on phone calls, Zoom meetings, and future in person community events.
3. Does it cost anything to be a Village member?
Nope! Our Village has no cost for any of the members. All we ask is our members should be willing to join in with community events and support each other in living their most fulfilling lives.
4. What services does the Village provide?
The Village is able to help members get referrals to programs such as rides to appointments, meal and food delivery, and housing needs. The Village also provides opportunities for education and social gatherings. Group socials, prestenters on different topics, are just some of what's available to Village members. Upcoming events include a book club, music therapy sessions, and community building socials!
5. How does COVID-19 affect the Village?
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, all Village services and social gatherings are being held virtually, either on Zoom or over the phone. We look forward to when we're able to get together in person again!
6. How can I volunteer with the Village?
We're thrilled you're interested in being a part of the Village as a volunteer! There's an application form on the webpage here, you can complete to begin the process. Once you've completed the application, a member of the Village staff will reach out to you with next steps. We can't wait to have you join us!
7. I have more questions, who can I contact?
If you don't see the answer to your question here, you can reach to us through the contact page here on the website or email email@example.com.